Sunday, April 27, 2008

Week 16 Appointment

So this past Wednesday, April 23, I had my 16 week appointment. The baby's heartbeat was 152 bpm. This is down from four weeks ago when it was 170 bpm. Overall, things are going well. I am gaining weight, as to be expected (four pounds since the last appointment four weeks ago). I am starting to wear some maternity clothes, although some look ridiculously huge yet because I am at that in-between stage right now. I have been feeling fine through this whole pregnancy as far as no real morning sickness. I was sick with a cold a few weeks ago and between battling that and my allergies, I am still blowing my nose and coughing quite a bit. Ready for a nice warm change to the weather! HA! In four weeks, I will have an ultrasound, but still probably going to wait until the baby is born to find out what it is. My brother says he wants to know since he is hoping for a nephew! I have felt a few movements occasionally, but nothing real noticable or consistent.

We didn't have school again this past Friday, April 25. Snow, you may be wondering?? No, this time school was cancelled because Thursday night it poured from about 8:30 p.m. until break of day Friday. Needless to say, Denver received anywhere from 5-7 inches of rain and the town was flooded! Many people had basements to clean up and many others were helping to sandbag near a creek that flows around the edge of town. I am just thankful that our basement stayed dry! So now we will have another day to add to the end of the year. We have made the school day longer to make up some of the days we missed this winter, so at least the last day of school for students will be Monday, June 2nd. Then I have to go back on June 3rd and then I am done until next year. Next year starts early for teachers on August 12 - yikes! I am also taking an on-line class this summer, so I know it will go fast! Once the new year starts though, it will be closer to the birth of this baby, so something to look forward to!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

our babie's heart rates are about the same. 150 at my last appointment. i haven't felt any movements yet though - can't wait to start feeling that!