Thursday, May 7, 2009

Crawling Already

So Olivia decided that at just over 7 months that she would start crawling. I have been away in the evenings lately for lots of meetings. Monday night I had to work the track meet and Tuesday night I had negotiations. So last night, Madison tells me that Olivia can crawl. I told her she couldn't, so Madi put something on the floor just out of Olivia's reach and sure enough, she crawls to get it. I believe both Madison and Laci were over 9 months old before they started crawling, so I wasn't quite ready for this. It was interesting to see her get into everything last night. Here is one example:Olivia gets herself underneath the swing and then pushes the seat back and forth. She always manages to get underneath it unscathed, but I am sure that won't always be the case. She is really going after the things she shouldn't and not caring about her toys at all anymore, typical kid! I have a feeling at this rate, she will be walking before 1 year old. It is sure to be a busy summer!

3 comments:

Diane Johnson said...

Oh my! Now you'll have to start moving things out of the way! One more thing on your list of things to do!
What a cutie!

Beth Hoden said...

Good for Olivia! She was bound to start crawling early to try to keep up with those big sisters!

Mindy said...

cute. kaia is getting on all fours & pushing herself forward, but she doesn't have it down pat the way olivia does!