Sunday, March 2, 2008

Hoping for Spring

So I am truly hoping for spring soon! I don't see an end in sight with this winter. The mounds of snow on my trek to the babysitter's are ever looming. We, so far, have missed 7 school days which will be added to the end of the year. So our end date at this point is June 4th being the last day of school and teachers will have to go back on June 5th for a workday. We anticipate starting our next school year on August 12th. Whatever happened to teachers having THREE months off for summer? HA - Whatever! If we miss anymore days, they will just be added on and the end of school will move farther into June. And some schools are in worse shape than us.

One morning as I ventured out to the babysitter's with the girls, I was wondering what I was even doing on the roads. We had a 2-hour delay that day and the roads were still horrible. The babysitter's husband met me at the end of their driveway because he said I would get stuck. He took the girls from me at the road and off I went to school. I am glad we went to school that day because it is one less to make up, but even a bus got stuck that morning.

We had this past Friday off and the only good part was I didn't have to call in because Laci was sick. She was sick most of the day Friday, all of Saturday, and still not 100% today. She will be three the end of March and still doesn't have one of her 2-year molars. I wonder if they are causing pain too and added with the sickness, she is a bear to deal with. She goes into fits at the drop of a hat because everything seems so life-altering. The big upset tonight was that she had to stop playing computer games and let Madison have a turn. I am hoping that being three doesn't bring worse because it did with Madison. I am ready for the calm to come out in Laci. She can be so sweet sometimes, but watch out when she gets mad or upset. Tonight she threw a toy and tried to hit me. Of course, we are trying to tell her that is not the right thing to do, but it is pretty hard to reason with her when she is throwing one of her tantrums. Maybe Spring will help her too! We can only hope.

I have heard though that we are supposed to get more snow in March than we did in February. Let's hope they are WRONG!!! (My brother, Mark, bought a snowmobile this winter, so I am partially blaming him!)

1 comment:

Mindy said...

ooh that does stink. you only get 2 months off. how come you will be starting so early next year? micah is done on may 22nd, so only a couple of more months. i'm with you - can't wait for spring!