Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy 6th Birthday, Madison!

My first born is 6 today! Hard to believe that she is growing up so fast. I was so excited to meet this child while I was pregnant with her and she has been a joy since. I was due on October 31, 2002 with Madison and she wasn't ready to leave her warm place inside, so I had to be induced.
(Madison's kindergarten teacher this year is pregnant and was due on October 31 also, but still hadn't had her baby as of Thursday. I told her it is those first babies who are due on Halloween that can be stubborn.)

When I was induced with Madison, I got to the hospital around 6 a.m., I believe, on that Friday. I was admitted and my doctor broke my water around 9 a.m. I was fully dilated around 3 p.m. and Madison was born around 3:30 p.m. I was so relieved to be done with labor that I finally looked at Terry to ask him what the baby was. I looked over and saw her and she was beautiful. She was a very easy baby, always happy, and sleeping through the night around 1 month old.

She still is very easy to deal with most of the time. She tends to be sensitive like her mom and cries very easily. Most days after school, there is some crying or whining at some point, I think mostly because she gets worn out from a full day of school. She loves school though and her teacher said that she really likes to help her classmates a lot. I can tell that she is really excited about going to school everyday and she is learning a lot. Hopefully the enthusiasm for learning will continue.

My hope for her 6th year is that she enjoys the rest of her kindergarten year, has fun this coming summer with Mom and her little sisters, and she continues to be a joy to Mom and Dad!

Be healthy, grow, and have fun, Madi!! Mommy and Daddy love you very much!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

kindergarten is hard on the poor little tykes. even first grade although the emotions have calmed down a bit since last year. hope madison had a happy birthday!