Sunday, December 21, 2008

Only the 1st Day of Winter???

So today is the first day of winter - officially! It seems like we have had a long enough winter already. So far we have had two snow days and one was this past Friday when I had surgery. Needless to say, we took all 3 girls to daycare that morning and it was quite a trek out into the country to the babysitters. Luckily, most of the roads to the hospital were pretty well cleared, so we made it to the hospital just fine! I think I went in for surgery around 11 a.m. and was done shortly after 11:30 a.m. I woke up and was crying, seems like anesthesia makes me cry, but things went well. Left and picked the girls up and have been home since. We were under blizzard conditions yesterday and all of today. School is already two hours late tomorrow. Guess we are sure to have a White Christmas. The pain in my nose isn't as bad as I had anticipated. I have splints in both nostrils that have to come out Tuesday. I am keeping up on my pain medicine until then and have saline spray and another spray to use, along with an antibiotic to use also. The doctor said the pain would be even less once the splints come out. I am not to do any lifting or bending now though, so my mom is coming up tomorrow to help with the girls and Terry's parents are coming up Tuesday to help. Then Terry is off with me until I go back to work in January.

Christmas Day will be spent at home in the morning opening presents and then we spend the rest of the day with Terry's family. The day after Christmas we will be having my family at our house. We also have Christmas with Mom and Rich and his family on January 3rd. Lots to do over break, so I am sure it will go very fast! Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Diane Johnson said...

Good to hear how your surgery went. I've been checking in to see you write something. Could have called but get used to the blog for info. Bet it is uncomfortable with the splints. Take Care and have a Great Christmas / Recovery / Break.

Christina said...

Was trying to catch up on Camden's site and found yours. You have 3 beautiful daughters-congratulations! I absolutely love their names. Hope you have a smooth recovery from your surgery. Everything is going well with our twin girls. Hard to believe they are almost 9 months already. Happy Holidays!