Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

So I am on Spring Break with my girls this week. Terry actually has Thursday and Friday off also, but since I have a free moment, I thought I would post to catch up a little. Last week, Tuesday evening Laci was running a temperature, so I went back over to school and got things ready for a sub. I stayed home Wednesday with her and then Olivia got a fever Wednesday when she woke from her morning nap. Terry stayed home then on Thursday and he got sick too, so he stayed home with both girls Friday also. Laci wasn't able to go to preschool on Friday. She coughs so much too. So she had her fever off and on through Sunday evening. Olivia had a fever again Sunday also, but I think her fever might have to do with teeth. She has a runny nose and gets fussy, but the minute you give her some Baby Orajel on her bottom gum, she stops being fussy! Hard to tell. Madison and I have stayed fever free and healthy so far. I figured maybe I would get sick now since I am on Spring Break, but so far so good! Madison lost her second tooth also on Sunday, March 8th. It was a little more traumatic then the first one. The first one fell out during the night and this second one fell out while she was eating breakfast. Since they tend to bleed a little, I think that scared her since she didn't notice it on the first one while she was sleeping. She also has one of her 6 year molars poking through in the way back of her mouth - I think sadly how big she is getting and how grown up she is! Madison and Laci sitting on the couch this morning watching tv. Laci has a green shirt on for St. Patrick's Day, but Madison just wanted green ponytail holders. They have enjoyed the nice weather lately too and getting to be outside.
Olivia sleeping in the swing. This swing was actually the one my sister had for her little girl, Kendall. She let me borrow it because it plugs in and you don't have to use so many batteries. Olivia really likes it and falls asleep in it sometimes.
Not sure if I have ever posted about our cat. Chester is a Himalayan and has very long hair. So about 2 times per year he gets taken to the vet and they sedate him and shave him down. He has a "lion cut", little ball of hair on his tail and a somewhat fluffy face. He went yesterday after having several hairball incidents at home lately. He tends to be very snuggly when he first gets shaved because I suppose he is colder than usual. Have noticed him sunbathing in the sunlight coming in our patio door and windows also.
Finally, our high school girls' basketball team made it to the state tournament recently. The kindergartners made this sign to wish them "Good Luck at State!" and I took a picture because Madison's name is on it. She always has to sign Madison E. on everything because there is another Madison in her class. I remember having to sign Carrie H. on my papers in 3rd grade because there was a Carrie Z. in my class. Hated that! Guess I should have tried to come up with a more original name - oh, well! I am sure at some point she will hate her name anyway, didn't we all? She has started writing "Madi" on papers also and the other Madison uses "Maddy" or some other spelling, so that is helpful too!
Our girls' basketball team lost at the first game in the state tournament, but it was still an honor to make it there. The coach for the team agreed to shave his mustache off and I guess even his wife has never seen him without it. He looks nice without it and has left it off for the past week so far!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

ayla was just asking about madison & laci the other day! enjoy your spring break! ours isn't until the week before easter.