Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Olivia Rae!

Hard to believe that a year ago, I was waking up around 3 a.m. to contractions about every 5 minutes apart. I took a bath to see if that changed anything, but it didn't, so I called the hospital. They said I should come in. My mom came up to our house so we didn't have to wake up the other two girls. And we left for Covenant to arrive there around 5:30 a.m. Olivia Rae was born at 10:27 a.m. a year ago today! Wow, how fast it goes!! I really don't have a baby anymore. She is walking more and more, so I am sure that will be her only mode of transportation soon. She still crawls mostly because it is so much faster. Sometimes, I find myself searching the house for her because she gets away so quickly!! Hopefully, she never makes it to the basement stairs before I find her! Here are some pictures from the party we had Saturday evening for her. Her balloons - she really liked the bear on the balloon and wanted to get it all the time.
Her cake has zoo animals on it - mainly because we got her a stuffed monkey this summer when we went to the Omaha zoo and she sort of makes monkey noises whenever she sees it. She also acts like a monkey sometimes.
Getting ready to eat cake, we tried to take a picture of her with the cake, but it didn't work too well. She had her own smash cake. She loved it! I videotaped that, so I don't have any pictures of her with the mess all over. Will have to try to download the video.
We had the party festivities in our garage because it was nice out and then most of the mess was out there. After eating dinner, we put Olivia in her stroller to open presents. The girls also posed for this picture. From left to right, my niece, Kendall (2), Olivia (1), Laci (4), and Madison (6). They all had a fun night, but tired girls by the end of it all.
Uncle Tracy and Kim got this puppy for Olivia. It makes all kinds of noises when you press its ear, hands, tummy, and feet. Olivia loves it!

1 comment:

Amy and Jeremy said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Oliva Rae!
You just grow more and more darling with every post your mama does on this blog! I bet your big sisters are so in love with you and are so good to you!
Hope you had a great 1st birthday little one!

Sending Lots Of Love...

The Webers!!!