Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Shiner

So Terry picked Laci and Olivia up from daycare today. When the babysitter was out of the toy room for a second helping another little one, Olivia must have tried to do something she shouldn't have. Marlene thinks maybe she was trying to climb on one of the toy boxes. Silly girl! Anyway, she got a bummed up eye. The babysitter was able to put a bag of frozen peas on it for a bit, so she said it looks a bit better. She also said she heard two little whines from Olivia and that was all! What a cheese-head! This is the first picture I tried to take and she was hamming it up for the camera. I heard all of the story from Terry over the phone when I was on my way to Jesup to get my van back from the car dealer. I was really worried about what I would see when I got home. It isn't that bad though. I am just glad the babysitter didn't call me or e-mail me at work. I probably would have worried the whole day for nothing!
An upclose view. It is a bit puffy and red and certainly is bruised. She didn't seem like it bothered her though.
Closing her eyes, so you can see both. Another silly shot!! Will be curious to see how the bruise changes over the next few days. Won't be getting any Christmas card photos done anytime soon!
Also, this reminds me of Madison. When she was about this age, maybe a bit older, she tripped over my foot in her room and bumped her eyebrow area on a wooden doll cradle. She ended up having stitches. There is a slight scar there still, but it isn't noticeable since it is right along the top edge of her right eyebrow.

No comments: