Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fallin' Behind

So since summer has began, it has flown by already. The girls and I are staying busy to say the least. Last week, Terry was on shutdown for work also, so we enjoyed spending time with Daddy (although we spent many days home because we couldn't go many places due to having to detour around the flooding). Iowa was and still is a mess and some places are still getting flooded. It will be interesting to see what Iowa City and Coralville look like on Friday, since we have to take Madison to the University of Iowa Hospital to see a gastroentrologist. These are some of my favorite pictures from recently.
Madi and Laci before going to swimming lessons. They started lessons this week. Madison loves it and always has. This is her third year of swimming lessons. Laci is on her first year of lessons and she does some of what she is supposed to, but a lot of the time, I notice her just watching the other kids. Also, not sure if she really talks to her teacher, but just shakes her head yes or no.
Madison had braids for lessons today. I put them in last night after her bath. I remember when Mom used to do the same with my hair after baths. I think she still has the braids in tonight when going to bed and tomorrow she will want curly ponytails. I was the same way, felt like having a perm (however, much cheaper).
I put braids in Laci's hair after her bath last night too! However, her hair was a disaster this morning when she woke up, so I just fixed it up into two curly ponytails. Cute!
Terry and the girls on Father's Day! Laci was sick from Friday night until Monday. She ran a pretty high temperature Friday night and all of Saturday and Sunday. Monday her temperature was more normal and she started acting more like herself on Tuesday. So on Father's Day, we went to Terry's parents for a short visit to see Terry's dad. Laci was ready to go shortly after we got there and when we got home, she was in bed the rest of the day. Glad she is feeling better. She is truly a daddy's girl, she calls Terry, her "big guy". I remember being a daddy's girl too - a very special relationship. Madison seems to be a lot more snuggly with her daddy lately too. I guess my growing belly may be the reason she can't be so snuggly with me.
Madison playing at one of her t-ball games. She currently has practice for an hour every Thursday evening. She has 4 games total on Saturdays in June. She doesn't have one this Saturday and next Saturday is her last game already. She seems to be enjoying it and is getting much better with every practice/game.
One day, Laci was sitting at the table in the kitchen with the newspaper. She acted really interested in it and so I got a quick shot.

No comments: