Tuesday, June 3, 2008

School is out for Summer!

So I had my last day of classes with students yesterday. Today was another day for me to get things done to go home for summer. It is amazing how much "stuff" I have accumulated in 10 years in my classroom. It was also hard to get a lot done since we had a breakfast at 7:30 a.m., a high school meeting at 9:00 a.m., a middle school meeting at 10:00 a.m., and then the retirement luncheon at 11:00 a.m. I kept thinking to myself, "Don't they understand that I have work to do??"

In the hours that I was actually in my classroom today, I packed up items because I will be in a room in the high school next year. I kept many things in boxes in the middle school room, stored out of the way for another teacher. There are plenty of things to move down to the high school, but I just packed it up, someone else can move it! I also cleaned out and threw away many things today. It was great to feel like my room was cleaned out and organized. Too bad it will be someone else's room next year. By 4:00 p.m., I was pretty much done. I have a couple of items to write up and turn in to the office some day this week and I also have some bulletin boards to take down. I am hoping that tomorrow Madison feels better and that we can go to school for a little while to get those things done! (She is still sick today - Sunday, Monday and today. Hopefully, by tomorrow it will have run its course and she will be more like her normal self.)

Although school is out for summer, I am still not able to just sit and do nothing. I am taking an on-line American History course through Hawkeye Community College this summer (June-July). That has started already and I have a quiz, test, or discussion item every week, sometimes more than one per week! I will also need to get some planning done for another new class that I will be teaching this fall. My summer will fly by! Well, hoping that you will all enjoy your summer, I am going to try to enjoy mine also even though I know it will go all too fast!

No comments: