Thursday, June 26, 2008

Yard Tour

So it was a "tradition" with my mom to tour the yard to look at all of the plants and flowers she had growing around the house. Now she takes us on tours of her yard in town where she lives with Rich also. This is a brief tour of my yard - the flowers were looking great the other day and I couldn't resist taking a few shots to share! This is one clematis I have growing on the corner of the house by our garage. It was here from the people who owned the house before us and it is so heavy it doesn't really want to climb the trellis very well. My mom says she is going to steal it one of these days.
Another clematis - I got this one from my mom and had it at our house in Waterloo. When we moved to Denver, I moved it with us. It is behind our shed.
This is the final clematis I have. The people who lived here before us had these growing behind the deck. They always were climbing the deck and getting into everything, so I moved them. There are actually two different clematis growing together here, but only one was blooming.
Not just flowers in the yard when I was doing my tour the other night. Laci popped up and wanted her picture taken. There are some nice lilies behind her at least.
A nice rose bush. It seems to be more of the miniature variety, but it sure helped to trim it back. At least the Japanese beetles aren't getting into them yet.
My other rose bush. It is a bigger bush and had lots of flowers and buds on it the other night.

No comments: