Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Some Catching Up...

Well, I have been so behind in posting lately. I thought I would be better at it once summer vacation started, but so far that hasn't been the case. Here are quite a few pictures to show what we have been up to. Madison played soccer in April/May. She was on the red team and they ended up deciding that they were the "Red Dragons". She had the soccer cleats, shin guards, socks, and a ball to get her started. Ugh - it could get to be expensive to be an athlete!
Another picture of soccer. She was always really tired after the game - lots and lots of running for these little ones.
Laci with her preschool teachers at her preschool "graduation". She didn't really graduate since she will have preschool next year also, but she got a "star student" award. Her teachers keep telling me that she is a very good student and plays well with others. I always have to ask if they are talking about my child. I am just glad she saves her naughtiness for home, I guess!
We went to Omaha last week and Monday, June 8th, we spent the day at the Henry Doorly Zoo. It was a cool day, so we wore jackets/sweatshirts most of the time we were there, but we had an awesome time. The girls had to take a picture with this bronze-like giraffe. Giraffes are Madi's favorite.
When checking out the gorillas, this one was sitting by the glass looking out to people walking by. The girls and I sat down and Terry tried to snap a picture. Laci was a little loud and I always find that my digital camera doesn't take the picture any too fast, so it got up and we got the rear-end view instead. Oh, well - at least it is a good picture of me and the girls.
Another picture of the girls with a bronze-like statue, this time a gorilla.
We also went to the Children's Museum in Omaha on Tuesday, June 9th. Madison is shopping in the grocery store.
Laci also shopping in the grocery store. Someone had left this cart stranded, so Laci wanted to use it. As I was trying to put some of the items back, as you are supposed to do, Laci threw out the items she didn't want all over the floor of the store. I came back to tell her that wasn't what she was supposed to do and some lady was watching me like I needed to get a handle on my child. Good grief! Needless to say, we got the store floor cleaned up and we emptied the cart when we were done and put things back on the shelves where we found them.
At the Children's Museum, in a playhouse peeking out the window.
On the upper level of the Children's Museum, there was an exhibit set up by Sesame Street all about the human body. These are the front steps at Sesame Street that we have all seen on the show.
Two girls and a "Grouch". Got to love Oscar!

1 comment:

Beth Hoden said...

Great pictures Carrie! I love Madi in that little soccer outfit. I'm also a big fan of Olivia's nicknames. Hope you guys have a good rest of the week and weekend!

Beth