Friday, June 26, 2009

8 Years Ago

Tuesday, June 23 was our 8th anniversary. It seems like so much has changed since then. Here are the beautiful roses that my husband brought home for me on Tuesday. A rare occurrence.
A picture of Olivia sleeping in her crib. She seems so long and she is almost 2/3 the length of her crib mattress. I guess we will see how long she is and how much she weighs on Monday at her 9 month check-up. I will also have to compare it to the other two girls' baby books, but so far I think she may be the one who will end up being the tallest of the girls.
Laci on her last day of swimming lessons. She said she wasn't going to go down the waterslide, but ended up going down 2 times. The second time she went down, the teacher wasn't quite ready for her. Luckily, she had a life jacket on.
Madi at the top of the waterslide on the last day. She was in level 2 this year and will have to take level 2 again next year. She is doing much better, but still really needs practice at face floating and back floating. Hopefully, one more year of level 2 and she will be ready to move on to level 3. I am not trying to rush it, but I do want them all to be confident swimmers some day.
Olivia Rae - in the basement today after her nap. She is into EVERYTHING! I don't get much down time with her unless she is napping. She is constantly in motion or wanting to EAT! I guess it keeps me from eating so that is the only benefit - Mommy's workout!
It sure will be interesting to see what the next 8 years bring to our family. Maybe one more child at some point, but not right now. It is also a decision we will have to make after Olivia turns 1 because I don't want to wait much longer if we do decide to have one more because I am not getting any younger and neither is Terry. I am also ready to decide if our family is complete and be done with the baby stage in the Even household. They are so fun, but a lot of work and it is hard to divide the time with the older ones. I know we make it work, but you always worry about being there for all of them! Plus with Olivia getting to be so big already, I miss the baby stage too! It is so hard to see them grow up so fast, but I am enjoying every minute I have with them now!

No comments: