Friday, July 3, 2009

Cleaning

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to clean the house. I am not the mother/wife who cleans once per week. I do it when it really needs it or the mood strikes me (which isn't very often). I wonder why this is because it seemed like I tended to like helping my own mother clean when I was younger. I remember cleaning the mirrors in the bathroom, spraying the shower and then squeeging it at my house growing up. I hate cleaning the bathroom most of all now! I also remember moving almost every small item out of my room and then vacuuming when I was younger. I do that occasionally here, but most times when I vacuum, it is just the big spaces that aren't cluttered! I also just get so frustrated with cleaning because with three little ones it doesn't stay clean for a minute! Well, anyway, I got the house cleaned yesterday which wasn't the brightest idea. Terry and I went out last night, so two high school girls came over to watch our three girls. When I got home, I could tell that I would be doing some spot cleaning this morning. It is done now, but I am sure I will be thinking in a couple days that I need to be cleaning again! Kind of like the laundry - it just never goes away. I need to be rich so I can just hire someone to clean and do the laundry! HA! Maybe some day soon I will have little girls who like to help their mommy clean too!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

if you wipe out the sink, swish the toilet & wipe the hair off the bathroom floor every day you never really have to clean more than that. it takes like 2 minutes, honest! also, i'm making the kids do 1 chore a piece each morning & evening. they do the same chore for a week & then get a new one. it's working well so far!