Friday, September 19, 2008

Another Doctor's Appointment

So today I had to leave school at 2:00 p.m. to go to my 38-week appointment. I have one student who asks me daily if I am having the baby yet. I want to respond to that by saying that I am still at school so probably not. DUH - why does he have to ask EVERY day?? Anyway, the high school principal came in and covered about 15 minutes of the class I was in and then another teacher covered my last class of the day. When I was leaving, one boy asked me where I was going and I just told the class that I had a doctor's appointment and that I wasn't leaving to have the baby.

When I got to the doctor's office, I was told that the doctor had just left to go deliver a baby at the hospital. It wasn't long before he was back. He checked me and I am 1-2 cm dilated and about 50% effaced. I am thinking that it won't be too long before this little one makes his or her debut! I have been having contractions more frequently, but nothing regular and close together.

Part of me would really like to be done with this pregnancy and meet this new child. Another part of me would like to hold out a bit, my sub can't start for two more weeks, so they would have to have a sub for the sub! Craziness! I guess babies don't wait for anyone when they are ready to be here though, so I will keep you all posted!

3 comments:

Diane Johnson said...

How Exciting! I don't get to see you all that often at school so what a nice surprise, when I logged on your blog, to read about your appointment and news today.
Relax this weekend and maybe I'll see you next week!
Diane

Mindy said...

well, are you still home? it sounds like things are starting to happen. i'll keep checking in.

Amy and Jeremy said...

We are soooo excited for you!
We can't wait to see all of you and meet the new bundle of joy in November!
Sending you love and good thoughts!

Amy, Jeremy, and baby Camden!