Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The First Day of Preschool

Today was finally Laci Jo's first day of preschool. She has been anxiously awaiting this day since Madison started kindergarten almost 2 weeks ago. Since I didn't have to drive out to the babysitter's house this morning, I was able to let the girls sleep a little longer. When they woke up, Laci was out of bed like a shot and screamed that she got to go to school today. Here's Laci all dressed and ready for school. Her new preschool shirt is a size small for big kids, so it is almost like a dress or nightgown on her. I used a ponytail holder to cinch it up in the back. She also has her name tag on for the first day. A few minutes after she had her name tag on, she switched it from the left side (where you see it in this picture - faint yellow) to the right side. I told her to leave it stay put so it would stick!
Her big sister, Madison, took this picture of her on the front steps. Her backpack, which is High School Musical (of course), is almost as big as she is.
Another picture of my "Punky" (Mommy's nickname for her) on her first day of preschool.
And finally, a picture of my two big girls who are off to school. We dropped Madison off at school and she walks a little bit, from the street where I drop her off to where they line up outside, all by herself. Laci saw Madi do this this morning, so she thought she was going to walk to her school by herself. I told her that while she is in preschool, Mommy has to walk her in, but when she gets to kindergarten, she can walk in by herself like Madison. Laci was pretty quiet when she got to school because her teacher, Mrs. Forde, started talking to her, but at least she wasn't clingy or didn't cry when I left. She has always been more shy than Madison, so I have worried that she might not go to school without fussing, but she did great! I also think I got more out of her tonight about school than I did from Madison. I must admit I did get a little teary-eyed when I left her there this morning. She isn't so little anymore!

No comments: