Sunday, September 28, 2008

It's A Baby...

GIRL!! On Saturday, September 27, 2008, we welcomed our third daughter, Olivia Rae, into the world. She arrived at 10:21 a.m., weighed 6 lbs. 12.2 oz., and was 20 inches long.

I started having contractions Saturday morning at 3:00 a.m. every 5 minutes and at 4:00 a.m. called the hospital. They told me to come in to be checked and when I got there around 5:30 a.m., I was dilated to 7 cm. This had changed from the 2 cm I was dilated to at my doctor's appointment Friday at 3:40 p.m. I got moved to a room and soon got my epidural.

She has lots of dark hair, blue eyes, and seems to have a dimple on her left cheek. I will post pictures tomorrow when I get home from the hospital, but all is well!

3 comments:

Diane Johnson said...

I look forward to the photos. Just read Dawns e-mail to the faculty so came here to check for more news!
Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Yeah!! I can't wait to see the pictures of the girls! I know that Terry will be there to help for the next few weeks but give me a call if you need anything!

I'll call and stop some evening on my way home from work. Again, Congrats to the whole family!! Tell the big girls HI from me!
Jenn

Mindy said...

congratulations!!!!!!!!! we got home last night & after i went to bed i realized i forgot to check your blog. how exciting to read the news today. tell terry he has to let you have the 4th now - you need to try for a boy one more time!