Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Extreme Hair Day

Today was "Extreme Hair Day" at Madison's school for Red Ribbon Week. They are doing "extreme" things all week to help kids say no to drugs. Last night after Madison got her pjs on, I started braiding her hair. I started shortly before 6:30 p.m. and finished right about 8:00 p.m. She did really well sitting still through it all, but she kept busy by coloring, watching tv, and eating her bedtime snack.
This is today after she got home from school. She said that they took a fieldtrip today to the Gallagher-Bluedorn Performing Arts Center at the University of Northern Iowa to watch a play/performance of some sort. I bet the people there wondered about the kids from Denver.
A close-up shot - last night I had to keep asking her if any of them hurt at all. She said they didn't, but she said it felt funny to sleep on it!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

wow, you are patient! so is madison. ayla would never let me do that!