Monday, August 11, 2008

The Last Day

Well, today is officially my last day of summer vacation. And what a day it will be! I slept in until 8:30 a.m. when the girls woke up and were carrying almost everything from their beds out to the living room to watch tv. Then they ate breakfast and I started some laundry. I finally got my bath in and got dressed for the morning (hey, it was only 11 a.m. when I was fully dress and ready to face the day). I now need to make beds, go to the post office to mail Madison's hair to Locks of Love, and then come home to make lunch. At about 1 p.m., we are going to the park to meet up with Mary Ann and her granddaughters (I worked with Mary Ann at school, but she retired this past year). Then at 1:45 p.m., I am taking the girls to a family's house (they go to church with us) and the girls are going to play with their daughter. I have to go pick up another co-worker and we have a meeting at 3 p.m. in Oelwein. The meeting is at the Sportsman and we will eat supper with them. I am hoping that I will make it home from my meeting and supper in time to see the girls off to bed. Then it will be up early in the morning for my first day of staff development. Fun, fun! The summer was way too short!

Oh, and on the potty training front -- I think we may have it about mastered!!!! Not to say that Laci won't have anymore accidents, but since Thursday, she has been clean and dry!! She also is telling us almost everytime she has to go, so I don't constantly have to be checking on her. Yeah, a little reprieve before the baby gets here!!

No comments: