Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Wedding

This past Saturday, Terry's niece, Audrey Kite got married to Steve Becker. Madison was the flower girl in the wedding. I started the morning at 7 a.m. by getting up and getting myself ready - shower, hair, make-up. Then Madison and I left around 8:30 a.m. to go get her hair done.
This is Madison in the middle of getting her hair done up for the wedding. A gal in Waterloo that my sister recommended did Madi's updo and she did a great job! I had her french braid from the bottom up on both sides (it was parted in the middle) and then she french braided from the front back on both sides also.
At home after getting her hair done before we had to leave to be at the church for pictures.
The back of Madison's hair - I also got spinners from Claire's to decorate her hair.
Madison and Laci hugging at home before leaving for pictures. When Madison and I got home from getting her hair done, I put Laci's hair up and curled it to make it look fancy too! Then I changed into the clothes I wore to the wedding and had a few minutes to relax before heading to Jesup.
When we got to St. A's in Jesup, I had Madison get changed into her dress for the wedding. Then I took a few pictures of her!
Another picture at the church - up close so you can see her hair!
Madison and Laci at the church waiting for pictures. Needless to say, the pictures didn't start on time and Madison was getting a little restless, but she did pretty well. She seemed to be in and out of the bathroom a lot during the day which was a pain for me since I had to help her hold her dress up.
During pictures, a picture of Madison with Audrey.
Another picture of Madison during pictures - she was sitting watching the other pictures and I took this picture while she wasn't looking.
Walking down the aisle and dropping the rose petals for the wedding. Audrey didn't know if she wanted Madison to drop the petals because they had to be picked up since the church had an evening service shortly after the wedding, but after the church cleared out, Laci, Madison, Grandma Cheryll, and I picked them up in no time.
After the ceremony, Madison and Casey (the ring bearer) walking out. Madison held onto his arm. At the reception in Independence at Heartland Acres.
Madison and Laci watching Steve and Audrey's first dance.
Once the dance started, both of them were on the dance floor until we left. Here they are dancing with Grandma Cheryll.
Madison and Audrey dancing. We left somewhere between 9-9:30 p.m. Madi and Laci were two tired little girls, but they managed to stay awake the whole way home from Independence to Denver. They watched a movie on the way home and Madison had french fries from Burger King. When we got home, we washed their dirty little feet and I took the spinners out of Madison's hair. She slept with it all done up still.

No comments: